Early Years Pupil Premium is additional Government funding to support your 3 and 4 year old’s early education. Your child’s early education provision: pre-school, nursery or childminder, could directly receive up to £300 a year for your child to support their individual learning if they are eligible.
If you are in receipt of low income related benefits, or care for looked after children through foster, adoption or residency orders, and your 3 or 4 year old child is receiving early education funding at a nursery, pre-school or childminding setting, you may apply under the following criteria:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income equivalent to and not exceeding £7,400, assessed on up to three of the parent’s most recent Universal Credit assessment periods.
Or the child:
- Is currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
- Has left care in England or Wales through:
- an adoption order; a special guardianship order or a child arrangements order
Click here to apply online, or ask your provider for a form