Skip to main content Poole FIS

What questions could I ask when visiting an activity provider?

Are your staff Disclosure and Barring Service checked?

People who work with children and young people should undergo an enhanced  check. You can find out more about the Disclosure and Barring Service process.

Do you have public liability insurance?

Public Liability Insurance covers the activity provider for any damage or injury to anyone else while the provider is caring for your child.

Does your activity cater for children with additional needs?

You can find activity providers that cater for additional needs by searching the Family Information Directory.

What experience and training have your staff had?

Depending on the activity provider, the level of experience and training may differ. You can get a feel for this when you visit.

Is a qualified first aider present at all times?

Many activity providers will have staff with a first aid qualification.

Can my child have a say in the activities that they take part in?

Many activities will be structured, but there may be an opportunity for your child to participate in how they do things.

Am I able to claim the childcare element of the Working Tax Credit for your activity?

Some activities are run by registered after school and holiday clubs. Others will not be registered with Ofsted, and will not be eligible for Working Tax Credit.

Back to top