Poole Family Information Service is here to help you at any stage in your family life, in particular, if you are having difficulty finding the right choice of registered childcare, we can assist you on a one-to-one basis, as part of our ‘brokerage’ service. This may involve speaking to Early Years providers on your behalf, or accompanying you on initial visits providing relevant support when required, or simply guiding you to additional family services.
We are very fortunate to have three excellent members in the team who are specifically trained in outreach and brokerage: Helen Moore, Donna Murray and Lisa Bennett. Each one has worked for many years in Poole and offers a wealth of knowledge covering: housing, education, disabilities, money & welfare, childcare and free entitlement.
They can help you, and your family, with:
• childcare choices i.e childminders, playgroups, nurseries etc
• emergency childcare options
• free entitlement to early years education for 2, 3 and 4 year olds
• completing application forms
• advice and guidance on ‘Applying for a Reception School Place’
• activities for children of all ages
• local family services to meet your individual needs
The ‘brokerage’ service is available 10am-4pm, Mon-Fri please call 01202 261970 to arrange an appointment or visit the FIS Welcome Desk, Dolphin Centre (above Poole Central Library), Poole.
The team meets parents/carers and families at a variety of venues across Poole including parent and toddler groups, children’s centres, schools, health clinics community events and activity days. To find out more details follow us on Twitter or Facebook, or visit the What’s on Calendar on this site.