Skip to main content Poole FIS

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Disability Access Fund (DAF)

DAF is money given to Early Years/Childcare providers to help support children with special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities in their setting.  The aim of the DAF is to help give children who are disabled access to free childcare.  Providers will get a one-off payment…

Free School Meals & Pupil Premium

All Infant School age children are entitled to Free School Meals.  This refers to those children in the following Year Groups: reception class year 1 year 2

Maternity and Paternity Pay and Leave

When you take time off to have a baby you may be eligible for Maternity & Paternity Pay and Leave. There are ante-natal classes listed on our Children’s Centre pages and the NHS have a useful Pregnancy and Baby Guide, to help you prepare. 

Tax-Free Childcare

Tax-Free Childcare - a new Government scheme to help working families with their childcare costs.

What benefits can I get on a low income?

You may be able get help if you are on a low income: Jobseeker's Allowance (contact Jobcentre Plus) Help with moving from Benefits to work Income Support Budgeting Loans Employment and Support Allowance Carer's Credit Disability Premium (Income Support) Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit Pension Credit…

What Financial Benefits Are Available?

A number of changes to Benefits have taken place over recent years as part of the Government's Welfare Reforms.

What is Universal Credit?

Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work. It replaces some of the benefits and tax credits that you might be getting now such as; Income Support Employment Support Allowance Jobseekers Allowance Working Tax & Child Credits Housing Benefit.…
Back to top