BCP Portage Service (Christchurch and Poole)
The BCP Portage Service (Christchurch and Poole) is a home-visiting education service for children aged 1 - 3 years with significant developmental delay and complex SEND needs.
The Service is registered with the National Portage Association and has been recognised as a 5-star Portage Service.
The team are committed to continuing professional development through training and specialist workshops and put their skills and knowledge into practice with children and families in Christchurch and Poole.
Families living in Bournemouth should contact the Portage Service (Bournemouth).
- BCP Council
- BH15 1SA
- 01202 261931
- 01202 262260
- Contact Name
- Helen Jones
- Contact Position
- Portage Team Manager
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- From 1 years 0 months to 3 years 11 months.
- This Service is free
- Booking Information:
- Parents or carers or anyone concerned about the development of a child can make a referral via email or post
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Global Development Delay
Speech, Language & Communication Needs
- Referral Criteria:
Via Social Services
Via GP or other health professional
By Parents or Family
- Referral Procedure:
- Before considering or making a referral to the Portage Service please utilise the Pre-Early Help Assessment (Pre-PEHA) or a full Early Help Assessment to identify all possible areas of need or additional risk factors within the family.
- Languages Spoken:
Portage is a home visiting education service for children under the age of three who have complex special educational needs and developmental delay.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?